PCYC Sailpast 2022
You will find the commodore’s Mirage 26 (Sarcelle) anchored off the south side of PCYC’s harbour. The boat will be within sight as you exit the harbour onto the lake. The commodore’s boat will be anchored from 2:30pm to 3:30pm. Please help us celebrate with a great member turn out!
- Remaining approximately 20 feet away from the commodore vessel, sail past the bow of the Mirage 26 (Saracelle) on a Starboard tack.
- All crew members should salute the commodore as you sail past.
- Boat that fly a Canadian or Quebec flag should lower them during the pass. Boats without a flag should let the Jibs flog as they sail past.
- Sail past and await the commodore return salute
- Once you have been saluted raise your flags and adjust your sails to make your way back safely to the harbour and find your slip.
- While waiting for the others to return prepare your signalling devices to make some noise to welcome home the commodore. These can be whistles, air horns, signal horns, megaphones, bells.
- Once the commodore enters the harbour welcome him back with a cacophony of horns whistles ect!
- Make your way over to the deck for some refreshments and hors d'oeuvres and cake to celebrate a successful sail past.
Please note if we are struck with unfavourable weather conditions. We will still have our sail past although it will be a walk past around the docks. We invite all sailors and crew to salute the Commodore from the deck of their boat as he comes by. Proceeding with this option would push the start time of the sail past to 3:15pm instead of the 2:30pm start.